Can you believe Thanksgiving is right around the corner?! I’m excited to be preparing a completely paleo feast for my family this year. Mom is in charge of the turkey and I’m in charge of the sides. Instead of the usual bread filled stuffing, I am making this Butternut Cranberry one that is filled with all the good stuff I bet my gluten loving brother wont even notice!
Each spoonful of this Butternut Cranberry is equally sweet and savory it pairs really well with turkey.
The toasted pecans gives it a nice crunch that makes this stuffing equally satisfying!
- 1 tbsp ghee
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 lb butternut squash, cut into ½” cubes
- 2 medium Fuji apples, cut into ½” cubes
- 2 cups cauliflower florets, roughly chopped
- ½ cup dried cranberries (*sweetened w/ apple juice for Whole30)
- 1 cup toasted pecans, roughly chopped
- 1 tsp dried sage
- 2 tbsp fresh rosemary, stems removed and leaves roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh thyme, stems removed
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- In a large ovenproof pot or pan over medium high heat, add ghee.
- Add garlic and onion. Sauté for 1 min.
- Add celery, butternut squash, apples and cauliflower. Sauté for 3-5 mins.
- Add dried cranberries, half of the toasted pecans, sage, rosemary, thyme, sea salt and black pepper. Mix well.
- Turn off heat and cover the pan with foil.
- Place pan in the oven and bake it for 30-35 mins.
- Top with the remaining toasted pecans and drizzle with balsamic vinegar before serving.
* Special thanks to Ralphs Grocery for sponsoring this recipe post!