Looking for a delicious and fun drink for Cinco de Mayo? This Refreshing Margarita Punch is right up your alley! I used freshly squeeze orange juice instead of the ready to drink variety and let me tell you, that little bit of extra work is worth it because it makes such a big difference in how this drink turned out. I like Cara cara oranges versus the Navel ones since it’s much sweeter and less tart but you’re welcome to use any type of orange you want. Also feel free to adjust the honey to suit your taste preference if you want it to be more of a sweeter drink.
Using ancho chili add a bit of smokiness without the heat of chili pepper so no need to worry because this isn’t spicy at all!
- 2 cups freshly squeezed orange juice (approximately 6 oranges)
- ¼ cup freshly squeezed lime juice (approximately 3-4 limes)
- 4oz gold tequila (I like the Espolon Reposado brand)
- 1 tbsp raw honey
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 1 lime, sliced
- ½ tsp ancho chili pepper
- 1 cup ice
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp ancho chili pepper
- 1 wedge of lime
- In a large pitcher, add orange juice, lime juice, tequila, honey, sliced lemon, sliced lime, ancho chili pepper and ice. Mix well to combine.
- Add more honey if preferred.
- Let it chill in the fridge for at least an hour.
- Combine sea salt and ancho chili pepper on a plate.
- Grab 4 glasses and rub the lime wedge around the rim of each glass.
- Dip the glass rim side down on the plate of salt and chili pepper.
- Equally divide the margarita punch and fruit into the glasses and add a bit of ice if preferred.
- Serve immediately.
Thank you to Ralphs Grocery for sponsoring this post and providing me with all the ingredients to create this refreshing drink I’m sharing with you!