The sweet and savory combination of raw honey and spicy brown mustard transforms plain pork chops into a simple yet decadent dish. These Honey Mustard Pork Chops can be made ahead as part of a weekly meal prep session or as a quick weeknight meal that is ready in less than 30 minutes! With just a few basic ingredients, this budget-friendly recipe will be a hit with the entire family. As an added bonus, there’s barely any clean up involved so you’ll be in and out of the kitchen in no time.
The spicy and robust flavor of the brown mustard and the sweetness of raw honey creates a lip smacking sauce that you’ll definitely be licking off your plate!
I’m never without a jar of spicy brown mustard by Sir Kensington’s because this paleo-friendly and non-GMO condiment is the real deal and a little goes a long way. Sir Kensington’s products are available at Whole Foods, Sprouts and other natural food retailers nationwide. Use this handy dandy location finder for a store nearest you.
- 1 tsp cooking oil of your choice
- 1½ pounds bone-in pork chops, ¼" inch thick (approx. 3-4 pieces)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 4 tbsp spicy brown mustard
- 3 tbsp raw honey
- Add cooking oil to a cast iron pan over medium high heat.
- Season both sides of the pork chops with garlic powder, sea salt and black pepper.
- Place on the pan and sear for 3 minutes on each side.
- While the pork chops are cooking, combine the spicy brown mustard and honey in a small bowl. Mix well.
- Pour the honey mustard sauce on the pork chops. Cover and reduce heat to medium.
- Let it cook for 5 more minutes until the pork chops have an internal temperature of 150-155F.
- Remove from heat and let it cool for 5 minutes before serving.