Hatch chili season is here again and this year, my co-worker Leah gave me a bag of extra hot(!) roasted ones. I took one teeny bite and whoah, it set my mouth on fire! Hatch chilis come in different levels of spiciness and you can get a mild one if you prefer a non-spicy version.
I put the roasted chilis to good use during this past Sunday’s meal prep by making some Hatch Chili Turkey Sliders which turned out amazing! I didn’t use any binder in the mixture and it held up pretty well as long as they are shaped into 1 1/2-inch diameter mini patties.
This is such a simple recipe with just 3 main ingredients (plus spices) that you can have it ready in no time!
- 2 pounds ground turkey (93% lean, 7% fat)
- ¾ cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 cup roasted hatch chilis, chopped (seeds, skin and stems removed)
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients and mix well.
- Shape mixture into 1½-inch sized mini patties.
- Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Spray or brush with a little bit of oil of your choice.
- Fry the sliders for 3 minutes the first side.
- Flip and fry another 3 minutes on the second side.
- Remove from the pan and serve warm.