I haven’t really been a big fan of ground turkey because it has a tendency to taste bland and boring compared to ground beef. Ever since I’ve started keeping track of my Fat/Carbohydrate/Protein macros, I’ve decided to give ground turkey another try. I realized that I needed to add the right amount of seasonings to turn it from something that you’d want to chase down with water with each bite to something that you’d want to come back to for seconds.
I flavored these Quick and Easy Meatballs with just the right amount of aromatics and herbs making them super versatile to pair with your favorite sauce or seasoning. Speaking of sauces, these are AMAZING with my Lemon Tahini Sauce which takes 5 minutes tops to prepare!
Note: Please please use 97% lean /3% fat ground turkey instead of the 99% lean / 1% fat one because texture-wise, the one with 3% fat is very similar to ground beef. Plus it won’t feel like cardboard in your mouth!
- 1 tsp oil of your choice
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1½ lbs ground turkey 97% lean 3% fat
- 1 cup italian parsley, chopped
- 2 large eggs
- 1½ tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Add oil to a skillet over medium-high heat. Add onions and garlic. Saute until onions are softened, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and let it cool for 10 minutes.
- In a bowl, add ground turkey, sauteed onion and garlic, parsley, eggs and sea salt. Mix well to combine.
- Form mixture into 1½ inch sized meatballs.
- Place on a baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes until the internal temperature is 165F.
- Turn on the broiler and broil on high for 5 minutes.
- Serve with your favorite sauce or my lightened up lemon tahini.
*** This recipe is 21 Day Sugar Detox friendly ***