I love beef steak with a hot, piping bowl of white rice. This is another Filipino comfort food that can be eaten for breakfast, lunch or dinner so I typically make a big batch so we have enough to enjoy for another day.
Turning this into Beefsteak Lettuce Wraps is a fun low carb alternative if you prefer to skip eating it with rice. With less than 10 ingredients that is combined together in a zip top bag to marinate, you can have a delicious meal in a short amount of time!
- 1 pound thinly sliced skirt or fajita steaks
- ¼ cup coconut aminos
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 tbsp avocado oil or coconut oil
- 1 head red lettuce leaves
- In a zip top bag, all the thinly sliced steak, coconut aminos, sea salt, lime juice and lemon juice. Seal it tightly and massage the bag so that the seasonings are distributed well. Place it in the fridge to marinate for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Heat a pan over medium high heat. Add the oil and onion. Saute until the onions have softened and have started to brown. About 5-7 minutes.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- Using the same pan, add the marinated meat into the pan and cook for 3 - 5 minutes until browned.
- Add the remaining liquid from the marinade plus the cooked onions.
- Mix and let it simmer for 3 minutes.
- Serve with lettuce leaves.
*** This recipe is 21 Day Sugar Detox friendly ***