Fig and Arugula Chicken Salad
Author: Jenny Castaneda
Recipe type: Main
- 1 lb chicken thighs, boneless, skinless
- 1 tsp avocado or coconut oil
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 8 oz broccoli florets
- 6 dried figs, chopped (or fresh if they are in season)
- ¾ cup pitted olives, chopped
- ¼ cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 3 oz arugula
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Place chicken thighs on a baking dish or tray. Drizzle with avocado oil and season with sea salt and black pepper. Bake uncovered for 20-25 minutes. Remove from heat and chop into bite sized pieces when its cool enough to handle.
- In a skillet over medium high heat add broccoli and saute for 3-5 minutes until it begins to soften.
- Add chicken, figs and olives. Cook for another 3 minutes.
- Turn off heat and add parsley, arugula, extra virgin olive oil and red pepper flakes.
- Mix well to combine everything. Serve hot or cold.