If you’re a fan of stir-fry recipes like me because you just want something quick, easy and delicious, then this Spicy Sizzling Shrimp is right up your alley. Stir-fries are the saving grace when it comes to weeknight meals at our house because I know I can prepare a no-fuss meal that we can dive into in less than half an hour.
This has the right amount of spiciness depending on how much chili paste/hot sauce you use so it can range from mild to muy caliente. If you don’t like it spicy or have young kids at home, just omit the chili and jalapeño.
Serve it piping hot with a big heaping bowl of cauliflower rice to sop up all the juices!
Since we’re all about stir-fries in this post, this Sunday’s newsletter will contain an exclusive homemade and preservative-free Szechuan Chili Paste that goes great with beef, chicken or vegetables so don’t miss out! Subscribe to my email list here so you’ll have this chili paste ready for your weekend meal prep.
- 2 tbsp ghee
- 8 cloves garlic
- 1 cup red onions or shallots, sliced
- 1 bell pepper, sliced
- 1 jalapeno, sliced *
- 1 pound jumbo raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp chili paste or hot sauce *
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- ¼ cup water
- Melt ghee in a wok or pan over medium heat.
- Add garlic and fry until fragrant and it starts to turn golden brown, about 1 minute.
- Add onions, bell pepper and jalapeno. Stir-fry for 2 minutes.
- Add shrimp, season with sea salt and black pepper. Stir-fry for 2 - 3 minutes until shrimp is opaque and turns pink.
- Remove shrimp and set it aside in a bowl.
- Add chili paste, tomato paste and water. Stir and let it simmer for 5 minutes.
- Return shrimp to the wok, combine it with the sauce and let simmer for 1 more minute.
- Remove from heat and serve hot.
*** This recipe is 21 Day Sugar Detox friendly ***