As I mentioned in my newsletter, my husband and I are spending a long weekend in Central CA for a much needed R&R because I’ve been dealing with adrenal fatigue. Traveling while being on AIP is extremely tough (and frustrating) so I’ll have a blog post next week summarizing my simple strategies without depriving my husband of the food that he likes because he’s not on AIP, the breakfasts I prepared so we can relax and enjoy a leisurely meal without driving around somewhere, and the multitude of snacks that I brought with us to munch on and pack in my purse when we are strolling on the beach, visiting wineries and antiquing. (Speaking of antiques, central CA is a goldmine when it comes to hidden treasures and it is a delight to prop hoarders and food photographers like me.)
To jumpstart my AIP journey, I’ve cooked from both the Autoimmune Paleo Cookbook and The Paleo Approach Cookbook during the first week to get a taste and feel of what AIP is all about. As I slowly got used to it, I’ve been preparing super simple meals such as my Pan Seared Steak (this always gets rave reviews so give it a try), bacon and avocado w/ fried plantains in ghee, baked salmon with scallops, and chicken tinola (Filipino chicken ginger soup) to name a few.
Here is an easy peasy pork sausage recipe has been one of our favorite breakfast staples recently. I make a double batch to last us a few days and it’s ready in 15 minutes (or less). Easy and yummy recipes are always a winner in my book!
- ¾ tsp dried sage
- ½ tsp dried thyme
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp (15 g) coconut sugar*
- ½ tsp sea salt (I like Himalayan or Celtic)
- 1 lb (450 g) ground pork
- cooking oil spray for frying
- Combine the Seasoning ingredients in a small bowl.
- Place the ground pork in a large bowl and add the seasoning. Mix eveything together until well combined.
- Divide mixture into 8 patties. Each one should be about 2 oz (57 g) and 2½ inches (6 cm) in diameter so they cook faster.
- Spray a cast iron pan over medium heat with cooking oil.
- Pan fry each side for 3 to 4 minutes until golden brown.
- Serve immediately or store in the fridge for up to 5 days.
*** This recipe is 21 Day Sugar Detox friendly ***