The month of October is synonymous to anything and everything related to pumpkins so I made some Pumpkin Spice Date bars as a post dinner sweet treat and a great pick me up at the end of a long day. This recipe is adapted from the Paleo Pumpkin Thanksgiving e-book that was part of the Harvest Your Health Bundle Sale.
For these Pumpkin Spice Date bars, I tripled the amount of nuts and used 3 different types since I like a nuttier consistency and added regular pumpkin spice in lieu of the spices in the recipe. Sometimes (well most of the time) I go off on a tangent and veer away from the original recipe but it works better for me that way
- 10 medjool dates, pitted and mashed
- 3 tbsp raw almonds, chopped
- 2 tbsp raw walnuts, chopped
- 2 tbsp raw pecans, chopped
- 1 tsp pumpkin spice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- In a bowl, combine mashed dates, pumpkin spice and vanilla extract.
- Add the nuts and kneed everything together to combine.
- Flatten into a ½ inch thickness, wrap in parchment paper and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or until firm.
- Slice into ¾ inch pieces and enjoy.
- Keep leftovers in the fridge so they do no become mushy.
The original recipe can also be found here.
If you missed my blog post on Monday talking about the biggest health related e-book bundle sale, details are in the link below. (This promo is over)
PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. Paleo Foodie Kitchen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.