The month of October is synonymous to anything and everything related to pumpkins so I made some Pumpkin Spice Date bars as a post dinner sweet treat and a great pick me up at the end of a long day. This recipe is adapted from the Paleo Pumpkin Thanksgiving e-book that was part of the Harvest Your Health Bundle Sale.
For these Pumpkin Spice Date bars, I tripled the amount of nuts and used 3 different types since I like a nuttier consistency and added regular pumpkin spice in lieu of the spices in the recipe. Sometimes (well most of the time) I go off on a tangent and veer away from the original recipe but it works better for me that way
- In a bowl, combine mashed dates, pumpkin spice and vanilla extract.
- Add the nuts and kneed everything together to combine.
- Flatten into a ½ inch thickness, wrap in parchment paper and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or until firm.
- Slice into ¾ inch pieces and enjoy.
- Keep leftovers in the fridge so they do no become mushy.
The original recipe can also be found here PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. Paleo Foodie Kitchen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.