Wow, it looks like it has almost been a month since I posted a recipe. Life and everything else has been extremely busy at my end and I’ve pretty much been cooking through the Paleo cookbooks that I have in my arsenal. Both Against All Grain and Beyond Bacon are currently my go to books so if you haven’t already, go check them out!
Fall is definitely here when Trader Joe’s starts selling fresh stalks of brussels sprouts, acorns, spaghetti squash and butternut squash for a really good price. I grabbed some sprouts to make a quick and easy one skillet meal for dinner and added grass fed beef hotdogs, seasoned it with some cracked peppercorn and wing sauce dressing and voila! dinner is served
- 1 stalk brussels sprouts, cut into halves
- 1 pack grass fed beef hotdogs, cut into ½ inch pieces
- ½ onion, cubed
- 1 medium yam/sweet potato, cubed
- ¼ cup sun dried tomatoes in EVOO
- 2 tbsp tessamae's cracked pepper dressing
- ¼ c tessamae's medium hot wing sauce
- 1 tbsp lard
- ¼ cup water
- In a cast iron pan, saute onions and sun dried tomatoes in lard until onions are soft. Add the hotdogs and cook until a little browned. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add brussels sprouts and sweet potatoes into the pan. Add water, cover and simmer until the sprouts turn bright green and sweet potatoes are cooked.
- Add the hotdog mixture back to the pan, and season with the cracked pepper and hot wing sauce.
- Mix everything together and cook for a few more minutes until all the flavors are incorporated.
- Serve hot!