Adding fruit to a regular chicken salad makes it a refreshing summer meal. I particularly like to pan grill stone fruit such as peaches to give it a caramelized flavor and it holds really well while cooking. Quarter each peach and drizzle it with a little bit of EVOO so that it doesn’t stick to the grill, cook a few minutes per side on low heat until grill marks appear.
Adding a crunchy texture to the salad gives it an additional flavor + texture dimension so I added toasted pecan halves and sliced almonds since it goes really well with peaches. Buy raw nuts and toast them in the oven (or on a pan) since it tastes so much better than store bought toasted nuts! I had some beautiful dried figs that I sliced up and tossed into the salad for added sweetness but dried cranberries or cherries would work too. This is obviously a very versatile salad and the different ingredient combinations are endless!
To tie all the flavors together, I incorporated the nuts and grilled peaches into my standard vinaigrette recipe to come up with a creamy and nutty Pecan Almond and Peach Vinaigrette. Generously drizzle this on top of the Chicken Peach salad and dig in!
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp raw honey
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 4 tbsp evoo
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp chopped toasted pecans
- 1 tbsp chopped toasted almonds
- ½ of a grilled peach
- In a food processor, combine and pulse all ingredients (except evoo) for a few seconds until combined.
- Slowly drizzle evoo to emulsify the vinaigrette.
- Adjust salt and pepper if needed.
- Can be served immediately or chill in the fridge for 30 mins.