Summer is officially here with temps hitting the 90′s this week and the symphony of household air conditioners can be heard around the neighborhood 24/7!
I saw this recipe a couple of weeks ago while watching Giada at Home on Food Network and with a little bit of tweaking, I knew it was perfect for tonight’s dinner. Sprouts has salmon on sale and some nice jumbo shrimp so I grabbed those as well.
Giada seared the salmon on a grill pan but I have been avoiding added heat at home so I baked it together with the butterflied jumbo shrimp in the oven instead. While that was cooking, I prepared the butter using sun dried tomatoes that I infused a few days ago with KEVOO. Kasandrinos makes one of the best EVOO that I have tasted and it’s definitely a notch above any grocery store brand!
- 2- 8oz salmon fillets
- 1 lb jumbo shrimp, peeled and butterflied
- 3 tbsp kerrygold butter
- ¼ cup + 3 tbsp EVOO
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley
- 4 pcs infused sun dried tomato halves
- 1 tbsp dried oregano, crushed
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Season salmon and shrimp with 3 tbsp EVOO, salt, pepper and dried oregano.
- Arrange on a parchment lined pan and bake in the oven for 15 – 20 minutes until salmon flakes with a fork.
- The shrimp would cook faster so take it out of the oven at the 10 minute mark or until it turns opaque and pink.
- Meanwhile, prepare the butter by combining softened butter, ¼ cup EVOO, sun dried tomatoes and parsley in a food processor. Pulse until everything is well incorporated. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Once salmon and shrimp are cooked, serve it with the sun dried tomato butter.