I’m back from the Emerald Isle! Our vacation was short but sweet and I’m happy to be jumping in to join the June crew on my first attempt with the Whole 30 since I have pretty much eaten non-Paleo for the past week. I devoted some time yesterday to go through and refresh my memory on what the guidelines are by flipping through my copy of It Starts with Food.
Below is a summary of what I would be adhering to for 30 days:
– Eat meat, seafood, eggs, lots of veggies, some fruit and plenty of healthy fats each meal
– Clarified butter, ghee, green beans, sugar snap peas and snow peas are okay
– No alcohol, added sugar, grains, legumes or dairy
– Do not create Paleo version of non-Paleo meals
I am still trying to catch up on things at work and at home so dinner tonight was something simple. I like to use the green and red curry paste from Thai kitchen because it has clean Paleo friendly ingredients such as lemongrass, thai ginger, green chilis.
- 2 lbs chicken breast, sliced into 2" pieces
- 1 large sweet potato, sliced
- 1 large bell pepper, sliced
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 1 tbsp ghee
- 1 can full fat coconut milk
- 1 jar green curry paste
- Pan sear chicken pieces in melted ghee for a couple of minutes on each side on high heat. Set aside.
- Lower heat to medium and add the green curry paste and coconut milk. Stir together to combine and wait until it simmers.
- Add the sweet potatoes and cooked chicken. Simmer on low heat until sweet potatoes are cooked.
- Add carrots and bell pepper. Cook for a few more minutes.
- Serve hot.