So far so good, I think I like this Whole 30 more than the 21DSD because I can enjoy fruits that are currently in season such as blueberries, cantaloupe and watermelon. I’ve also decided to shy away from nut butters and dried fruit, both of which I heavily relied on before thus contributing to unwanted weight gain. Nut butters and Paleo banana bread became my breakfast staple and now that I am doing the Whole 30, I am embracing going back to basics and eating simple whole foods. My body is thanking me already!
Here is a Cashew Beef Stir Fry recipe that pairs well with cauliflower rice. It can easily be doubled to make enough leftovers for lunch the next day or re purposed into a new meal by adding some vegetables and making an egg frittata out of it.
- Stir fry beef until lightly browned.
- Add ginger, garlic and coconut aminos. Saute until fragrant.
- Add bell pepper, onions and water chestnuts. Cook until vegetables are soft.
- Adjust seasonings by adding salt and pepper.
- Turn off heat and mix in toasted cashews.