Happy Mother’s day to all moms out there! I’m happy to share that a few recipes from my blog has been featured in this month’s edition of Home Gourmet Magazine – a magazine app available for download on iTunes. Check out my Scrambled Eggs with Smoked Salmon on the cover! I think i’ll be making this for brunch 🙂
Last week I received some ghee samples from Pure Indian Foods to review for my blog and I was excited to start using them in my recipes. I started off with the Classic Organic Grass Fed Ghee made from the milk of grass fed cows. It has a very creamy and smooth consistency with a nutty taste and it pretty much stayed solid despite the hot weather these past few days.
I used this delicious ghee to make a simple Carrot Puree which tastes so much better than regular mashed potatoes. It has a sweet buttery flavor that is versatile enough to be paired with any type of protein.
- 1 lb organic carrots, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 2 tbsp cultured ghee from Pure Indian Foods
- ½ tsp black truffle salt
- Steam carrots until soft.
- Transfer to a food processor and puree until smooth.
- Add ghee and truffle salt, then puree some more until light and fluffy.
- Can be served warm or cold.