Brunch on a lazy Sunday morning is one of the meals that I always look forward to. Today the weather has considerably cooled down to the low 60s which I prefer over the 90 – 100F temperatures we had a couple of days ago.
For these steak and eggs, I used thinly sliced grass fed breakfast steaks cooked 45 seconds per side and used the dry rub from this recipe. The caramelized onions and rosemary gives the sweet potatoes a sweet and aromatic flavor plus the addition of pepitas seeds added a bit of a crunch.
- 1 pound sweet potatoes, cubed
- 1 large sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 1½ tbsp fresh rosemary, roughly chopped
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp avocado or olive oil
- ¼ cup raw pepitas
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes
- Preheat convection oven on roast setting at 350F.
- In a bowl, combine sweet potatoes, onions, rosemary, salt and pepper. Toss with the avocado or olive oil and spread on a foiled lined baking sheet.
- Roast for 15 mins, stir mixture and roast for 10 more minutes.
- Add the pepitas and red pepper flakes. Roast again for 5 minutes so the seeds do not get burned.
- Serve hot.