Brunch on a lazy Sunday morning is one of the meals that I always look forward to. Today the weather has considerably cooled down to the low 60s which I prefer over the 90 – 100F temperatures we had a couple of days ago.
For these steak and eggs, I used thinly sliced grass fed breakfast steaks cooked 45 seconds per side and used the dry rub from this recipe. The caramelized onions and rosemary gives the sweet potatoes a sweet and aromatic flavor plus the addition of pepitas seeds added a bit of a crunch.
Happy Sunday and Happy Cinco de Mayo to all those celebrating!
- 2 medium sized sweet potatoes, cubed
- 1 small sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1½ tbsp fresh rosemary, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp raw pepitas
- ½ tsp aleppo pepper (or red pepper flakes)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat convection oven on roast setting at 350F.
- In a bowl, combine sweet potatoes, onions, rosemary salt and pepper. Toss with the coconut oil and spread on a foiled lined baking sheet.
- Roast for 15 mins, stir mixture and roast for 10 more minutes.
- Add the pepitas and aleppo pepper, roast again for 5 minutes so the seeds do not get burned.
- Serve hot.
PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. Thank you for the support!