This Chicken Satay marinade was adapted from Tyler Florence’s recipe which I tweaked a little bit to make it Paleo friendly. I was happy it had a very short list of ingredients that I already have available in my pantry. I paired it with the Sunshine Sauce from the Well Fed cookbook (recipe can also be found here) and D said this combination is another keeper!
Since it has been raining lately, I thought that its a soup kind of day so I made an easy Egg Drop Mushroom Soup to complete this meal.
- ½ can full fat coconut milk
- 1½ tbsp fresh ginger, grated
- 1 tbsp garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 lbs chicken breasts, cut into strips
- wood skewers
- Mix together coconut milk, ginger, garlic, curry powder and salt.
- Pour on top of chicken strips and make sure that everything is coated with the marinade.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least an hour.
- Preheat oven on convection setting at 375F.
- Thread chicken strips onto wooden skewers and arrange on a foil lined baking sheet.
- Cook for 15 minutes until the chicken is lightly browned and juices run clear.