This super simple Ginger Scallion sauce is a typical Asian condiment that is served with boiled chicken and bokchoy. It will add a ton of flavor to any dish – steamed veggies, baked fish, omelettes and so much more. Wake up bland food with a dollop or two of this sauce!
Tip: freeze fresh ginger to make it easier to grate.
- 1 cup scallions, chopped
- 2 tbsp ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 tsp coarse sea salt
- ⅛ tsp red pepper flakes
- ¼ cup avocado oil
- Combine scallions, ginger, sea salt and red pepper flakes in a glass bowl.
- Heat avocado oil on the stove until it lightly smokes (about 1-2 mins).
- Pour the hot oil on top of your ginger scallion mixture. NOTE: Be VERY careful of the hot oil.
- The mixture will sizzle once combined with the oil and wait for it to stop before mixing the sauce.
- Serve immediately or store in the fridge for up to 3 days.