I realized my slow cooker hasn’t seen the light of day in months so I picked up a 3 1/2 pound pork shoulder and made Carnitas this weekend. I like how I can just dump everything together in the pot, set it on low to cook for hours while
I channel surf and wear a hole on the couch do other important things around the house.
I used this Coconut Flour Tortilla recipe from Against All Grain which yielded about 30 smaller sized ones that were perfect with my Carnitas.
- 3½ lbs pork shoulder
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 medium sweet onion, sliced
- 1½ cups bone broth
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp sweet spanish paprika
- 1 tbsp ground oregano
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 2 tbsp black peppercorn
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 bay leaves
- Place all ingredients in a slow cooker and cook on low for 8 hours.
- Once cooked, skim off fat, shred the meat and discard the bay leaves and whole peppercorns.
- Serve on coconut flour tortillas with tomatoes, onions and guacamole.
PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. Paleo Foodie Kitchen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.