We had 2 different appetizers for dinner tonight which are reminiscent of what we like to order when eating out but these are much more Paleo friendly. My awesome baked Lemon Pepper Chicken Wings and ground beef Lettuce Wraps sounds like an odd combination but they taste great and are very satisfying! The lettuce wraps are packed with flavor from the combination of coconut aminos and shiitake mushrooms. I added carrots and bamboo shoots to incorporate more vegetables into this meal.
- 1 lb grass fed ground beef
- 8 oz (1 package) of fresh shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup carrots, julienned
- 1 cup bamboo shoots, julienned
- 2 tbsp fresh ginger, grated
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 4 tbsp coconut aminos
- 1 tsp aleppo pepper or red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- black pepper to taste
- 1 head butter lettuce
- Saute ground beef over medium heat for a few minutes.
- When it starts to brown, add mushrooms, carrots, bamboo shoots, ginger, garlic.
- Once carrots start to soften, add coconut aminos, aleppo pepper/red pepper flakes black pepper and fish sauce.
- Mix everything together until well combined and cook for 5 more minutes.
- Remove from heat and cool slightly.
- Serve with butter lettuce.
PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. Paleo Foodie Kitchen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.