Chicken wings and buffalo sauce are like two peas in a pod but I wanted something different and not slathered in sauce for a change. I decided to make a homemade lemon pepper seasoning that gives a fresh burst of flavor and a peppery kick to oven baked chicken wings. This definitely tastes better than store bought seasoning and does not have any added preservatives!
- 2 lbs organic chicken wings
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp lemon zest, approx 3-4 lemons
- 1 tbsp freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 tsp salt to taste
- ¼ cup ghee, melted
- Preheat oven to 375F convection roast setting.
- Cover a baking sheet with foil and place a baking rack on top.
- Pat chicken wings dry (remove as much moisture as you can)
- Place chicken wings on the rack making sure they are evenly spaced out.
- Roast for 6-8 mins and flip them to cook the other side for another 6-8 mins.
- Check it periodically to ensure that it does not get overcooked.
- While chicken is cooking, combine together lemon juice and melted ghee in one bowl and the lemon zest, black pepper and salt in another.
- Once chicken is cooked, toss it with the lemon-ghee mixture until evenly coated.
- Then sprinkle the lemon pepper seasoning on the chicken and toss until it is well distributed.
- Serve hot.
PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. Paleo Foodie Kitchen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.