Tonight’s dinner experiment was a major success! I came up with this recipe while driving home from work and doing a mental inventory of items that I currently have on hand. (Beats getting stressed out due to rush hour traffic right?)
This is inspired by my favorite 50/50 burger from Slaters which is a blend of ground beef and bacon. Any dish with bacon never fails in my book! For a complete meal, I also made some Cauliflower Mash and a Caramelized Onion Gravy to go with it. This is the perfect comfort food that tastes like a cheat meal but it’s 100% Paleo, grain free and dairy free as well!
- 1½ lbs ground turkey
- 8 oz bacon, chopped *
- 1½ cups finely shredded carrots
- ½ cup finely shredded celery
- 1 cup finely chopped sweet onions
- ¼ cup almond flour
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Combine all ingredients and place in a loaf pan.
- Bake for 60-65 minutes.
- Serve with Cauliflower Mash and Caramelized Onion Gravy.