I usually just throw together (still edible) vegetables that I find lurking in the crevices of our fridge to make a quick frittata for dinner. There is no hard and fast rule as to what goes into a frittata so to kick it up a notch, I used 3 different kinds of mushrooms with a distinct flavor profile – Cremini, Shiitake and Chantrelle.
We love to eat frittata’s with a bowl of this Creamy Tomato Soup from Nomnom Paleo.
- 8 large eggs
- ½ cup leeks, chopped
- 2 cups of assorted mushrooms, chopped *
- ¼ cup coconut milk
- 1 tsp Penzey's Fox Point seasoning *
- ½ tsp fish sauce
- black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Saute mushrooms and leeks in a pan over medium heat until cooked. Set aside to cool.
- Whisk eggs and add coconut milk, fox point seasoning, fish sauce.
- Combine the egg mixture with the cooled mushrooms and leeks and mix well.
- Pour everything in a greased muffin pan.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes until eggs are set.